“Time is the most precious resource we have…. yet we waste so much of it unnecessarily. It’s time to turn human operational intelligence into robotic intelligence and release people’s ability to create by lightening the compliance load.”
We’re on a mission. A mission to unburden creative minds and organisations from the backward-looking exercise of constantly having to manage risk and compliance. And instead empower them to look ahead and re-focus on a real-time, predictive and insightful driver for positive change.
Of course, regulation is necessary to protect and secure society. In fact, we need it more than ever. But at RegulAItion we are determined to overcome the burden of compliance that comes with evolving and ever-changing requirements. That’s why our systems are self-teaching, self-implementing and immediate. They’re the future. And we’d like you to be part of it.
Who we are
Sally Sfeir-Tait CEO
As a solicitor and barrister, Sally has held numerous roles in the financial services industry.
Sally has a unique background and experience which fuses the complex and interconnected worlds of regulation and technology. Sally has advised the private and public sector on FinTech, Blockchain, ICOs, cryptocurrencies, Smart initiatives, artificial intelligence and innovation.
Philip Treleaven Chairman
Philip is principally known for pioneering the use of computational techniques in finance, where his team’s research underpinned much of the early work on automated fraud detection. Leading to the launch of the highly successful SearchSpace company.
Hirsh Pithadia Head of R&D
Hirsh has worked with regulators, investment banks, retail banks and startups to develop proof-of-concept systems that transformed into products – particularly in the RegTech space. Hirsh is vastly experienced in scalable systems design, architecture and cryptography.
Join the team
We’re building great things including an incredible team. We challenge ourselves constantly and are always looking for new perspectives on old problems. New ways of thinking. New ways of working.
In an uncertain world, we deliver certainty for our clients. If challenge is appealing, we’d love to hear from you.
Machine Learning Engineer
As a Full Stack Engineer in Machine Learning at RegulAItion, you’ll apply your expertise to implement infrastructure and product features necessary for our Machine Learning efforts. This includes infrastructure and tools for performing ML research, backend infrastructure to run ML models at scale, and product changes that use these models.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Extensive, proven experience in NLP Strong programming/coding abilities in at least one language (Python preferred)
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modeling
- Ability to effectively design software architecture
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques statistics and classification algorithms
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) associated and libraries
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- Ability to write robust and testable code
- Ambitious, goal driven and wanting to lead a team
- Able to work with a remote team
Senior Data Scientist – NLP
As a Data Scientist you will be applying advanced machine learning and NLP techniques to drive business decisions, making sense of complex structured and unstructured data sets. You’ll be researching and developing new techniques for the team to utilise and help the business define Data Science strategy as well as working on new ways to make the most of data.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Advanced Computer Science knowledge, e.g. development and code review best practices, algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Ability to drive the ML ecosystem/architecture and deploy production-grade Python code.
- Experience in the development of REST applications in Python and Java applications.
- Capable of writing effective APIs.
- Experience with Data Visualisation tools.
- Experience with some of the following Python libraries: Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, Keras, Gensim, NLTK, Spacy, Flask.
- Experience with creating ETL/ELT/ stream pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience in Big Data architectures such as Hadoop/Spark.
- Experience with NLP (Word embeddings, Spacy, Recurrent Neural Networks) and NLP-specific techniques such as dependency parsing, part-of-speech tagging.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or Cassandra).
- Good communication skills in order to collaborate on productionising ML/NLP projects with the other data scientists and/or interact with RegulAItion’s clients in order to pitch/present on your ML implementation.
Our stack is composed of Python for ML research and production, Java for backend code, Typescript (Angular) for the frontend. We use Kubernetes for managing the execution environment and GCP as the cloud provider. Our stack is not limited to this however, we strongly encourage the use of different tools and environments provided that they have a demonstrated use case and benefit. You will be working together with our Data Scientists, Backend engineers and Front End engineers that own the other components of our stack and operations, including the product staff.
RegulAItion has a solid investment structure that allows us to offer competitive packages to the right candidates with the option of share schemes as the company grows.